Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Journal #6

I feel this whole book was an example of good writing. I think the best written and described part of this book is when the plane crashed and the author was explaining what was happening to Brian. How his head was swollen, mosquito's were “attacking him” ,and how he was getting a terrible sun burn. He used a lot of adjectives and verbs to describe what exactly was happening to Brian. It gave you a great mental picture about what was going on. Overall his writing was very well explained. The way he explained it was like having a movie in your head.

“If you keep going back from good luck you'll find bad luck”. I like this quote because it's very true, when you have good luck to get there you would have had bad luck to get you in that situation. He said this quote right after he realized that he was alive after the plane crash. I think it makes a lot of sense, and is a believable quote. It seems like a quote I would use or think of if I was in a situation of “good luck”. He's good luck he survived, but bad luck that he was in a plane crash.

1 comment:

  1. use MLA format for quotes:

    i.e.:

    As one critic noted in the magazine The Village Voice, “There is no one quite like Joseph Campbell. He knows the vast sweep of man’s panoramic past as few have ever known it” (French 24).

    http://www.amersol.edu.pe/hs/english/howtohandlequotes.asp

    ReplyDelete