Overall I liked how this author wrote this book. It kept you guessing the whole time throughout the book, this made me keep reading. I also really enjoyed how he was very detailed in his writing he explained basically everything. I liked that there was always something going on, Brian was always doing something. I didn't like that the author skipped a whole part of the book. When Brian was in deep depression about not getting rescued. He talked about it for a little then he made a new chapter and skipped over all of it. It was also unrealistic when Brian got smashed in the chest by a moose and seem to just walk it off. I don't think a thirteen year old boy could just walk that off.
This book reminds me of two of this authors books, Brian's Hunt and Brian's Winter. There in the Brian series there a lot like The Hatchet except Brian's hunt he goes to live in the forest by his own will, with supplies and living equipment. Brian's winter was the book that was an add on the the Hatchet, it was about if Brian hadn't got rescued and had to live in the forest during the winter. I like this author, I enjoy his books I have read all the books in the Brian series and The River. I like what he writes about, surviving and adventure it keeps me entertained. It also keeps me reading his books.
No comments:
Post a Comment